Okay, so I ain't proud... This here is my first build from about 3 years ago. As you can tell, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing! I'll post more pics of better builds (can't get much worse) shortly.
I made another pair of tsukas just to give to a friend cause he wanted to try them. I also wanted to finish off the rest of the .2 ribbon I bought cause it wasn't a lot and every time I looked at the .2 it bugged me cause there is nothing else I can really use it for. I think this photo came out a little better cause you can actually see the rotation of the ribbon wire clapton.
Decided to use the series deck option on the Titan for it's maiden voyage. The only mod I have (until the Titan PWM gets here) that it'll look good on is the H.O.G. clone I have so I figured I might as well beef up the coils to handle the voltage without getting too rambunctious. Decided on a pair of framed staples. 10 ply 0.4x0.1 KA1 cores with 28g KA1 frames, 40g N80 binding. 3.5mm I.D., 5/6 wraps, comes out to 0.43Ω.
The deck. Its weird. Leads need to be at a 90° angle, and turned sideways in the top post to avoid squishing the leads.
Thanks Chef! At 14 ply a shot and about 7 or 8 attempts getting the stretch right it turned out to be a lot of wasted wire for a coil that doesn’t even vape well! I’m happy I did it for the sake of challenging myself but I don’t think interlocking enigmas or stitched enigmas are in my future. There’s too many variables involved when you have that much ribbon wire and you have to be so steady with your tension. Too much tension and things are gonna start overlapping and crunching together making it nearly impossible to wrap, too little tension and you’ll never keep the same groove for more than an inch. That’s all contingent on getting the stretch right in the first place.